Back from memory lane.
I started this blog out of a whim in 2017. I have always wanted to write, but just didn't know how to go about it. Until that day in June, 2017, when a distant cousin called me and asked me why I couldn't just open a blog. I told him naively that I had no idea what a blog was - I was so young then. He had smiled at me that day and told me he'd open one for me, which he did. I had promised him that I was going to write on it, but I never did write much, because I wasn't sure where the stories I had interest in then would take me. I wish I had continued, especially when I had high hopes for the story, Everyday Living, a story about five friends juggling their careers and personal life in the city of Lagos.
I remember when I saw the blog's header image for the first time. Even though, I had an allergy for cats, I loved this one so much and told him not to change it. I didn't care if many others used it. It just felt right, and it's one of the things I'd keep here while I clear out this space for a new beginning.
My name is Zain Alba - a short version of my real name and a name I love very much. I am from Ibadan and I was born and have lived my whole life in Lagos, the south western part of Nigeria. These past days, I have been getting a strong pull to start writing again, and this time around, I intend to answer that call regardless of whether I do it messy or not.
As the time flies, you'd get to know much more about me.
It's so lovely being here again.
With lots of love,
Zain Alba.
Comments
Post a Comment